Friday, March 4, 2011

LET'S GO DODGERS!!!!!

It's time to make memories that will last forever! Some of my fondest memories were spent at the ball field. I love every minute of it, the competition, drive, skill, and making new friends. When we signed Cohen up for t-ball all I could think about was how much fun he was about to have and how this is the beginning of all that is which to come with him growing up. It's bitter sweet to have your baby signed up for T-Ball & Pre-K in the same month :( 
                             

This year especially is going to be fun seeing how Cohen and his cousin Ace are on the same team the... LA Dodgers! And to top that both their dads are the coaches! He had his 1st practice March 2, 2011 and it was the cutest thing i had ever seen! He was so excited to see his cousin and to get to play some baseball! Though half the time the boys were having a competition of who can get their pants the dirtiest they still all did very well! On a funny note I tried to pass on the oh so famous & legendary  #17 that my brother and I wore all through our "career" while Justin tried to pawn his #3 on him but in the end he opted for the #5. I figured he could start his own legacy number now :) 
Ace catching the grounder!

Cohen catching the grounder!

Coach Shane giving tips to Cohen
I cannot wait for the games to start and for Cohen to learn a little bit about the fundamentals of the game but mostly I hope he walks away with a scene of accomplishment & success. Seeing how he is 4 I expect nothing of him but to have fun and be a kid. (He can train for the BRAVES when his school work is done :)
So to my son, 
Have fun, pay attention, do the very best that you can and PLAY BALL!!
Love you Punkin 
Dodgers # 5


No comments: